English & Math
- New students with an SATW score of 460 or better or an ACT score of 19 or better are placed in English Composition.
- New students with an SATW score below 460 or an ACT score below 19 are placed in Writing Essentials.
- Transfer students are evaluated according to the criteria of SATW and ACT scores. If you have taken composition courses, these courses will be reviewed for equivalency, and students are placed in the appropriate composition course accordingly.
- All international students whose first language is not English regardless of transfer credit and/or standardized test scores are required to take a mandatory English placement test prior to the start of the Fall or Spring semester.
- This test is used to verify English proficiency, competency and written ability.
- Test results determine placement into or out of a developmental level, zero-credit, English skills and communications course.
- If it is determined that you are required to take this course, you must do so in your first semester at LIM College.
New students are placed into math courses based upon their SATM or ACT math score, according to the following criteria:
|SAT Math Score||ACT Math Score||Math Course|
|0-450||0-18||Arithmetic Through Business Applications|
|460-510||19-21||Introduction to Algebra|
Transfer students are evaluated according to the criteria of SATM and ACT scores. If students have taken math courses, those courses are reviewed for equivalency and students are placed in the appropriate math course.