Information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please click HERE.

General Notice

LIM College will be closed March 16-20 for Spring Break. Classes and operations will resume remotely on March 23.

Admissions Policies

High School Transcript* Application Instructions

Submission of a high school transcript* from the last school attended is an application requirement. If a student attended more than one high school, grades from each high school must be listed on the transcript; otherwise, a transcript from each high school attended must be submitted.

*A high school transcript is defined as: high school transcript, homeschool transcript, World Education Services (WES) evaluation, AACRAO’s Foreign Education Service, or other NACES-approved agencies, or state-issued certificate that high school equivalency has been met (for students who have no school records).


Submission of Official Documents

Official transcripts and other proof of graduation documents may be delivered by mail, email or through a third party service, such as Naviance or Parchment. To be considered official, documents must come directly from the issuing institution or third-party service. Official documents should bear an official stamp or official wet or electronic signature. LIM College reserves the right to approve other third-party servicers.


Proof of High School Graduation Policy

All recent high school graduates and non-degree holding transfer students must present proof of high school graduation before beginning classes at LIM College. Students must provide the Office of Admissions with such proof of graduation no later than 30 days from the start of the semester. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the student’s status being changed to non-matriculated until the requirement is met.

LIM College considers the following documents as proof of high school graduation*:

  • A final high school transcript submitted directly from a high school that is regionally accredited or recognized by the Department of Education in the state where the school is located. The final high school transcript must indicate the date of graduation along with an official signature, seal or stamp.
  • Official high school diploma
  • A state-issued certificate of high school equivalency as demonstrated by a passing score on state-authorized equivalency exams such as GED (General Education Development) or TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) or HiSet (High School Equivalency Test)
  • Homeschooled students must either provide evidence of a homeschool diploma, a certificate of completion that is considered the equivalent of a high school diploma in the applicant’s home state, or a state-issued certificate of high school equivalency.

*New York State residents who attended an online institution will be considered for Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) eligibility only if their institution is recognized and approved to offer high school diplomas in the state in which they operate or the student has a state-issued certificate of high school equivalency.