No matter what your concerns are, personal counseling with an LIM College counselor is a good place to start. Our professionally-trained counselors help you resolve confusing and distressing personal issues by talking with someone who is not involved in your everyday life. You receive a different perspective to learn new skills and outlooks on situations.
The Office of Counseling & Wellness Services offers short-term individual, group, couples and family counseling for a wide range of personal issues. You may visit us at any time, but most people seek counseling when their current problem solving skills aren’t working well and result in feeling sad, depressed, confused or angry.
Some common problems we can assist you with are:
- Adjusting to college
- Depression and/or sadness
- Anxiety, stress and/or panic
- Eating problems, body image or weight concerns
- Death or loss of someone close to you
- Family problems
- Relationship issues
- Sexual identity or orientation issues
- Difficulty concentrating, performance or creative blocks
- Alcohol and/or drug use
- Struggling to become independent from parents, but also maintaining a relationship with family
- Coping with a traumatic experience such as a sexual assault or unwanted pregnancy
- Achievement and/or motivation concerns
- Worry about being unique or different (i.e., culture, race, ethnicity, religion)
If you confront an issue that’s difficult to manage on your own, don’t feel that you are alone. Call us at (212) 752-1530 Ext. 315. We’re here to offer you the support you may need to achieve personal and academic success.
And remember, counseling is free and confidential.